ANKAAA Board Member
Brian has lived in central Australia where he completed a teacher’s course, and then became a Teacher’s Aide at the Milikapiti School in the 1980s. Brian painted for ceremony but not commercially until 2004 when he joined Jilamara Arts & Crafts. Brian has participated in several exhibitions, including All the Tiwi Mob at Short St Gallery, Broome in 2006.
In 2005 Brian opened the Jilamara exhibition at Birrung Gallery, Sydney and did work experience at the gallery. In 2013 Brian was involved in the repatriation of artifacts that have been handed back to Jilamara Arts from the National Museum of Australia.
Tiwi Islands, Picataramoor
Governance & Further Qualifications
- ANKAAA Director (since 2008)
- Jilamara Arts & Craft, Board Member / Ngawa Mantawi Representative (since 2005)
- ORIC Governance Training for ANKAAA Directors (2008 – 4 Days) (2013 – 2 Days)
- ORIC Governance Training, (2 Days), 2014
- Governance Training/Workshop, Tiwi, (2006)
- Australian Indigenous Leadership Centre, Certificate II in Indigenous Leadership (2009)
- Art Centre Money Story Training (2 weeks)
- Little Fish 2008 Present Public Officer, Tiwi Art Network (since 2005)
- Teacher, Milikapiti School (4 years)
- Power and Water Officer, Milikapiti (3 years)