ANKAAA Board Member and Acting Treasurer
Dora was born in Kununurra, living there her entire life, except for some schooling in Broome in Years 8 & 9, returning to Kununurra for Year 10.
Dora has worked at St Joseph’s School as a teacher’s aid and at Mirima Language centre as a secretary; she has also spent time at the Women’s centre where she held the position of chairperson. Dora now works at Waringarri Arts as the artist support worker, helping senior artists, it was here that she also started painting after assisting the old people. Dora is an important team member at Waringarri Arts, and at the 2013 ANKAAA Annual Conference addressed the membership by presenting a PowerPoint presentation on the importance of understanding the money story in Art Centres.
Kimberley, Narinyman and Miriwoong
Governance & Further Qualifications
- ANKAAA Director (since 2012)
- Waringarri Arts, Chairperson (2014)
- Waringarri Arts, Director (2013 – 2014)
- Waringarri Arts, Arts Worker Support Person (2008 – 2010)
- Indigenous Leadership Centre, Introduction to Diversity Mentoring (2013)