ANKAAA Board Member and Secretary
Peter has previously held the esteemed positions of Chairperson for both Mimi Arts and Crafts and the Warnayaka Arts and Cultural Centre, and has been on the ANKAAA Board since 2009.
He has also held previous positions as the Local Council Representative for the Lajamanu Community Local Government and was a Board Member for Mimi Arts and Crafts Aboriginal Corporation, Katherine, for three years. Peter was involved in lobbying for government to initiate the Warnayaka Arts and Cultural Centre. The success of the Art Centre bears testimony to his efforts and diplomacy skills. Peter’s strong involvement in the Art Centre continues today with him traveling to represent Warnayaka in interstate exhibitions. Peter has also spoken on behalf of the community on a range of social issues, including airport upgrades, poor housing conditions, the building of a swimming pool and the grassing of the football oval.
Darwin/Katherine, Pyrlinyann (North of Nyirripi)
Governance & Further Qualifications
- ANKAAA Director (since 2009)
- ANKAAA Secretary (2012 – 2014)
- ANKAAA Treasurer (2009 – 2011)
- Mimi Arts And Crafts, Chairperson (2006 – 2013)
- Warnayaka Arts and Cultural Aboriginal Corporation, Chairperson (2008 – 2013)
- Lajamanu Community Council, Chairperson (since 2007)
- ORIC Governance Training for ANKAAA Directors (2013 – 2 Days)