Founded in 2001 ANKAAA’s Arts Backbone magazine gives insight into what is happening in Aboriginal Art Centres across the Top End of the Northern Territory and Western Australia.
In this issue:
- Message from the ANKAAA Chairperson – Djambawa Marawili AM
- ANKAAA Board of Directors 2011-2012
- Bardayal ‘Lofty’ Nadjamerrek AO, by Keith Munro, Museum of Contemporary Art
- Women with Clever Hands: Gapuwiyak Miyalkurruwurr Gong Djambatjmala, By Louise Hamby, ANU
- Twined: Weaving and Abstraction
- Warmun Art Rescue, by Chris Durkin, ANKAAA
- Mulka Homeland Libraries, by Rob Lane, Buku-Larrnggay Mulka
- Building Jilamara, by Barry Hayes, Jilamara Arts and Crafts
- Learning Each Other’s Language: Remote Indigenous Arts Workers Take Up Residences in National Galleries Under ANKAAA Program
And much much more!