Founded in 2001 ANKAAA’s Arts Backbone magazine gives insight into what is happening in Aboriginal Art Centres across the Top End of the Northern Territory and Western Australia.
In this issue:
- Welcome by Djambawa Marawili AM, ANKAAA Chairman
- Djilpin Arts, The Company of People, By Fleur Parry, Manager, Djilpin Arts
- Gapuwiyak Calling, Phone-made Media from Arnhem Land, By Dr Jennifer Deger, The Cairns Institute
- Joonba, Junba, Juju: Song and Dance Cycles of the Kimberley, By Esther Gyorki, Gallery Coordinator, Warmun Art Centre
- YAMA: Installation and Digital Art in Lajamanu, By Neil Jupurrurla Cooke, Warnayaka Art and Cultural Aboriginal Corporation
- Harvesting Traditional Knowledge one-day workshop on Melville Island
- Martuwarra: A Sonia Kurarra Solo Exhibition, ReDot Gallery, Singapore, 2014
- Australian Indigenous Fashion Week 2014, Sydney
- Jilamara Arts and Craft A collaboration with The Australian Print Workshop
- ANKAAA Arts Worker Extension Program 2014
- The Australia Council for the Arts’ Chosen Grant Program
And much much more!