Founded in 2001 ANKAAA’s Arts Backbone magazine gives insight into what is happening in Aboriginal Art Centres across the Top End of the Northern Territory and Western Australia.
In this issue:
- ‘Always Together, Not Alone’ By Christina Davidson, ANKAAA CEO
- Mowanjum Artists Spirit of the Wandjina By Jenny Wright, Art Centre Manager
- Gija Women in Paris By Roseleen Park, Warmun Art Centre
- ‘Our Living Land’ Waringarri Arts in Shanghai By Cathy Cummins, Manager Waringarri Aboriginal Arts
- What Makes a Place a Home? By Anna Weekes, Coordinator Larrakia Nation Arts Centre
- Revealed 2013 By Vanessa Kredler, ANKAAA
- The Painters’ Eye, the Painters’ Voice, Art and Landscape in the Gija World
- Hand Back of Treasured Tiwi Cultural Objects
- Harvesting Traditional Knowledge – Bark Workshop at Buku-Larrnggay Mulka Art Centre By Vanessa Kredler, ANKAAA
- Harvesting Traditional Knowledge: By Erica McCreedy, NAILSMA
And much much more!