Garma Festival of Traditional Culture 2009
Indigenous Creative Industries Key Forum
ANKAAA Panel Discussion: Art and the Homelands
Monday 10th August 2009
- Djambawa Marawili: Yilpara Homeland, Blue Mud Bay, North East Arnhem Land; Buku Larrnggay Mulka Centre; ANKAAA Chairman.
- Wamud Namok (deceased): Kabulwarnamyo Homeland, Central Arnhem Land Plateau, West Arnhem Land; Injalak Arts, Gunbalanya.
- Dean Yibarbuk: Manwurrk Ranger, Bininj Fire ecologies, Secretary Warddeken Land Management Association
- Ray Nadjamerrek: Grandson of Wamud Namok
- Freddie Timms, Ngarrmaliny (naramali), Janama: President Jirrawun Arts, Wyndham, WA; ANKAAA Director.
- Richard Gandhuwuy: Dhambala Homeland; Chairperson Elcho Island Arts, Marthakal Homelands Resource Centre, Galiwin’ku.
- Dion Teasdale: Manager, Elcho Island Arts
- Christina Davidson: CEO, ANKAAA
Homeland is really important to me… What I call homeland – home is my land. It’s where I can breathe fresh wind, where I can walk along the beach or in the bushes – that’s giving me strength. And all those things are all you need under the land. People who are living in the country, they know.